Saturday, April 18, 2009

March






My mom came out to visit in March, and I was finally able to learn how to sew. Chris's parents bought me a sewing machine for my birthday in September. My mom gave me an intense lesson and these are a few of the projects we accomplished while she was here. I even made a matching shirt for me and a dress for Cailey. I haven't gotten up the nerve to wear my shirt when she wears her dress, but I think it is really fun anyways. I have worked on a couple of things since mom left, but am afraid to tackle another pattern on my own. I will probably stick to blankets and curtains until I get another lesson in patterns.

My Grandpa came out the last week my mom was here and we all had a good time. We went to the rattlesnake round up in Sweetwater. A very interesting experience to say the least. It was fun though, and we got to eat some horribly greasy, but delicious food while we were there. That was my highlight! In typical Texas fashion, there was fried everything.

3 comments:

kh123 said...

shirt is adorable--- wear it!!!

The Zinn family said...

Wow, you did a great job! I have been sewing forever and have never gotten the nerve to do that kind of stuff. I love it all. Say hello to everyone.

Ferguson Family said...

Very impressive sewing! I may have to make a trip to visit you once we get to TX so I can learn! ;)